Friday 11 September 2015

My Haircare Routine Part 2

As promised, here is part 2 of my haircare routine...

I am a huge advocate of using heat protection sprays. Any sort of heat styling isn't at all good for your hair, especially things like straighteners which are often set at high temperatures, so using a product that helps counteract the damage they can cause is a must! I spritz some heat protect on my hair while its still damp before drying it, and sometimes I'll add a bit more to the ends if I straighten or curl my hair.


The first one I use if I'm drying my hair straight or using Straighteners is Schwarzkopf Got2b Guardian Angel Heat Protection Spray. It protects hair from up to 220°c heat so is perfect for using with my GHD's, and it keeps hair smooth and doesn't leave it sticky or greasy. The spray comes out finely so it mists your hair rather than soaking it and the bottle is a decent size so it lasts quite a while.


The second one I use if I'm going to be drying my hair into curls is L'Oréal Elnett Satin Heat Protection Styling Spray 3 Day Waves. I purchased this when it first came out as I have been a L'Oréal haircare fan for a while now, and it doesn't disappoint! It protects hair from temperatures of up to 230°c which makes it perfect for using with my curling tongs, and it helps to tame flyaways and weather related frizz, just like Elnett hairspray does too. It definitely does hold waves/curls in for 3 days and doesn't feel sticky or weighed down at all. Its easy to use with a trigger pump and the classic Elnett gold packaging looks sleek and glamorous. This spray leaves a soft scent on your hair which also lasts 2-3 days.

After drying my hair, and either straightening or curling, I like to use a serum to smooth down and flyaways and make the lengths and ends look smooth and shiny. I found this little miracle serum on a browsing session in TK Maxx, Blow Pro Weather Girl Anti-Frizz Serum, and I honestly love it! Its easy to pump out the right amount, and a little bit goes a long way. I've only used it on dry hair but it can be used on damp hair prior to blow drying for extra anti-frizz control. The other serum I use is by Avon Naturals, and is called Super Straight Serum. This contains honey extract and jojoba oil so really makes your hair shiny and smells good enough to eat (*definitely not edible though). You can also use this on wet or dry hair, and it works just as well on both as I've tested it out.


I finish off with a light misting of L'Oréal Elnett hairspray in flexible hold. I'll never use another hairspray, as I feel like nothing can beat good old Elnett.

So that's my haircare routine with some of my favourite products,  hope you like reading it! If you have any useful haircare tips feel free to comment below :)

Love,

Lauren xo

No comments:

Post a Comment