Friday 4 September 2015

My Nightly Beauty Routine

A few years ago, I didn't really have a night time beauty routine. I used to just remove my makeup and moisturise if I felt like it. But when I hit 20, I decided that I should probably take a little bit more care of my skin. I didn't have very good skin as a teenager and always felt really insecure, like many teens, about spots, oily skin and large pores.
Thankfully, my spots have disappeared (I was convinced I'd be stuck with them forever!) but I still have large pores and combination skin, with oily and dry patches. A good nightly skincare routine can't magic away these problems but I've found that it can definitely help.


The first thing I do is remove every trace of makeup. I used to use wipes simply because I was lazy, but I read something in a magazine about them just spreading makeup over your face and blocking your pores rather than fully removing it. So I started using L'OrĂ©al's Micellar Water and I love it! It removes all of my makeup and leaves my skin feeling fresh and clean aterwards. Then I use one of three face creams/serums, which I know some people will think is odd as most people find one they like and stick with it, but having combination skin means some nights I may need a richer moisturiser than others. I either use La Roche-Posay Sebo Regulating Moisturiser which is anti-shine and anti-enlarged pores, Avon Care Cocoa Butter Revitalising Moisture Face Cream which I use for those dry patch kind of days, or Nip+Fab Glycolic Fix Serum which I try to use every other day as it helps minimise pores and reduces the appearance of fine lines andwrinkles. I did use this every day when I first purchased it but when it started working and noticed results, I found that I could drop it to every other day. Its also really helped to make acne scars less noticeable.


Next I use Boots Botanics 5 in 1 Radiant Youth Eye Roll On under my eyes and around the brow bone and eyelid to reduce fine lines and dark circles. Then I rub a little bit of the Body Shop Honeymania Lip Balm onto my lips as I hate waking up in the morning with dry lips. I like to spritz my pillow with some Sleep Therapy pillow mist by Avon, because the soft lavender scent helps me sleep.


Being a nail technician, I like to look after my hands and nails so the last part of my night time routine is to use a hand cream, such as Body Shop's Hemp Hand Protector, to moisturise my hands. I tell all my clients to use cuticle oil a few times a day, because it really is a miracle product. I use it after I've put my hand cream on at night, massaging a tiny drop into the cutucle and nail on each finger. You'll notice a difference after just a few days of using it consistently, as the cuticles will look neater and hydrated rather than dry and rough.


So thats my nightly beauty routine, what's yours? Comment on this post if you have any good skin care tips or miracle products.

Love,

Lauren xo








No comments:

Post a Comment